Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Picnic

Here is my newest excitement.

Yep, can you guess how many pieces are in this quilt? A whopping 467. ya, I know. Why on earth would I spend hours putting that many tiny pieces together. Most of the squares and pieces are like 2 1/2 inches in size. Sometimes it just doesn't matter how much work something is, I just get going and have to get it done. I will admit..it did take longer then I expected the other day to cut the pieces and sort the fabric and sew it.

I have to write about the pattern though. Oh my goodness!!! I hate patterns that tell you you need more fabric then you really need. I cut up the fabric that I had used for my mom's quilt at Christmas into the amount of charm squares the pattern called for and had at least 7 un-used ones and the strips I made for the borders- ya I had enough left over I could have not cut 5 of them. On top of that, I had to trim all the pieces before sewing them together....alllllll of them. Every strip that it called for was a least 5 inches to long and so I have tons of pieces left over that I could have just saved in bigger pieces to use for another project. I mean, i do love the pattern and did finish a project that I LOVE LOVE LOVE, but I was just a little bit frustrating.

The pattern was called Picnic or Schinibbles (I actually can't tell which title it is) by Miss Rosie's Quilt Co.

This is just the top and I will have to finish quilting it, but I couldn't wait to post it. I want to put it up this month so I will have to finish it this week. Cool huh! I really wish that I could bind it will red fabric. However, I already have binding made from the yellow in the quilt left over from making my mom's quilt. So, hopefully you understand that complicated sentence.

Ok, hope that you enjoyed. I am off to finish a few projects and play with my little girl.

No comments: