So, anyways. Over fall break I had her pick out fabric from our storage room and then I had her do all the sewing. We made new curtains, a new bench cover and recovered her pillows. It turned out super cute and I am so glad we did it.
I was going to sew her a new quilt for her 8th birthday and then we found the cutest sheet, blanket, bed cover kit at bed bath and beyond for only $19.99 instead of $99.99. So, I bought that instead. You know, easy bedding is so much better. But, at least the little sewn details of the room are things she chose.
Two weeks later, we sewed a small curtain on with the large curtains and a couple more pillow covers. When we take the play kitchen out of her room that was stored in her room for Christmas time, I will take and add more pictures to the post.
Hope you enjoy.
Making the pillow covers
Stuffing the pillows
The rooms new curtains, minus the light gray small ones that we will add later.
Here is the half way picture. She has two more small pillows to cover.