Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hm, what do you think of the material I chose?

So, I have been making this project for a co-workers birthday this week. She is really struggling with a lot of things in her life right now and I really hope that she knows that I just wish all the happiness in the world for her. Well, here are all the browns that I had to choose from.This is the one that I chose. My husband Russ said that he liked it, but then again, sometimes he just throws his head my direction for a split second and says, looks great. Now how am I supposed to know what that means? I ask him because he has a great eye for color, however he doesn't always use that.
The next two are pillows for some friends. I don't care much for the lettering from this pattern. I really personally like lettering like the sweet valentine one I made. So, last summer I bought some 4 inch squares from a lady on ebay and I was going to use them to make a fun, but very random scrap quilt. I have long since decided against it, since I really only like half of the squares. Well, while I was looking for material for the outer border on the pillow, I found the squares tucked away in a bag. I was so excited! If you have been reading my blog I am trying to use fabric I have to everything I am doing. I spent a lot of time deciding on different colors and taking them in to show Russ. He was doing some stuff for work and I think that it was a great distraction I cut the squares in halfOH, and here is a final picture of the sweet valentine pillow. Hope you enjoy!

No comments: