Friday, March 9, 2018

Foundation Paper Piecing

Guys, I have wanted to learn how to do foundation paper piecing forever.  I have watched videos overtime but I have never really understood it...and it seems that sometimes the right time to learn something new also has just the right time as well. 

Anyways, I watched this connecting threads tutorial on youtube and maybe it was just the right moment and maybe it was just the way she did it, but it finally made sense.  I wish I would have seen her take the paper out because I would have liked to have seen that, but at least I feel like I have somewhere to go. 

After the video I did two things.  I got on amazon to purchase an add a quarter ruler.  I have to post a picture of the packaging that I got it in because it was super fun and funny.  I got it from Hancocks of Paducah on amazon.  They taped the ruler inside the cardboard of an old fabric bolt with a bag doubled over.


Naturally, afterwards I spend time looking for a few projects to make.  I found an instagram post that linked me to THIS PATTERN called No Y Seam Feathered Star.  Oh, I can't wait to make it!!  I really hope that instagram link works because the pillow is just so pretty!!!  She posted it on Dec. 24, 2016. 

Either way, as soon as I am done with my whimsical garden, I am going to work on this technique.  I can't wait to learn how to do this so I can made pretty, tiny little pieces line up so clean and perfect.

Hope you enjoyed. 


No comments: