Wednesday, March 7, 2018

St Patrick's Table Runner

Since my last blog post, I have finished 2 large quilts and several small projects.  It seems like I either take the time to quilt in my spare moments during the day or to post pictures.  Either way, it is super fun to constantly be working on things.

Yesterday, I went and spent 6 hours at my best friends house and we whipped up a fun St. Patrick's day table runner.  We copied the idea from a post I saw on instagram from the quilt shop Pines and Needles.  Their kit is super super cute, but we already had some St. Patrick's fabric so we made up our own dimensions and sewed away.  I got all the fabric at JoAnn's except the green stem which I found in my stash.





I think it turned out super cute.  I loved the size on her table.  I love the darker black with golden horseshoes fabric.  Each block in the 4 patches end up being 4 inches before being sewn together.  Final dimension of our project is 31 1/2 by 14 inches.

I had two shamrocks left over so I sewed four blocks together from the scraps and threw them in my box.   I will have to think over what I want to do with the leftovers.  I can't decide if I just want to have a tiny table runner or if I want to make them into a larger wall hanging quilt.  Something will be decided this coming week.

Hope you enjoyed.

1 comment:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Really cute. I love that you are decorating for St. Patrick's Day. My house is all done in green now.