Sunday, June 19, 2011

Drawstring Bags

So, Friday night I was at dinner with my brother and sister-in-law. She is in charge of a girls camp for the young women in her ward (church group). They had ordered some mesh bags for mess kits. However, the lady that ordered them didn't measure the kits that they had bought and the mesh bags were way too small. My sister-in-law was worried about getting new ones since yesterday was all taken up with my grandma's funeral. (yes, I have not been sewing much for over a week since my grandma started getting really bad a week and a half ago and then passed away from her cancer. It has been a very emotional week.)

So I suggested she come over and look at my canvas fabrics and I could whip some up in a few hours...which I did. 16 later here they are:

I know that they were not very perfect and they had lots of mistakes, but they will work. Since they needed to be done when they leave at 6:30 tomorrow morning they didn't need to be really extra perfect. I think that the fabric is really cute and will be really fun so their camp week.
Hope that you enjoyed.

No comments: