Sunday, September 19, 2010

Halloween mania

Halloween has to be one of my favorite holidays. The fabrics and projects are amazing. I wish that I had money to spend right now to make many fun and wonderful projects. But, alas I must window shop all the cute ideas, put them in my bookmarks and hope for a later date. I saw some of the most fun fabrics at the Quilting Cottage yesterday. The oranges and purples had spiders and webs in the print. I liked that the print was not too big. I have been looking all over the internet for the company who makes the line, but apparently I should have written it down while I was in the store. I can't find it anywhere.

I was looking through the posts from blogs I follow and Crazy Old Ladies has started selling the following pattern on their etsy shop. I think that it would be super easy to make. The applique of the numbers would take a while, but it is really fun. I have been working on a countdown myself for the last year and when I finish one more block and give my mom her present I will post what I did. It is exciting after a year and a half to be finishing the one project that I meant to give her last christmas and didn't finish because of our moving and my morning sickness with my daughter.
I found this ladies blog...ps i quilt. She has all sorts of different things on there and this free tutorial.
And you can go through and look at several free tutorials on Free Quilt Patterns.info. It has a list of free tutorials and links to them. It is a great site.

Well, I would post more of the pictures, however, my house is calling and I have a sleeping baby. I better get cleaning before she wakes up.

Amalie

No comments: