Friday, September 10, 2010

Mini Wall Quilts

I love cutting and piecing fabric together. I know that most people don't...but there is something really exciting about it to me. I love the different fabrics coming together and how they all turn out in the end. However, making large quilts is expensive...and where do you put a lot of quilts? I decided that I would make a mini-quilt for each one of the months of the year. That way I could make a quilt for each of the seasons and holidays. I could learn how to machine quilt on my own machine with small quilts and I could have something that I can change out on the wall that isn't too large. Well, I have finished the following mini-quilts. I am really excited about it.

This is a mini-quilt from Crazy Old Ladies patterns. It is one of their seasonal skinnies. Very easy and quick to make. Requires a lot less material than the pattern calls for.
The following is my wall hanging for spring. I got this as a kit from Connecting Threads. I like a lot of their fabrics and their kits. I bought tons of their thread to work on each of my projects and I really like it. Their thread is wonderful.
This is also a kit from Connecting Threads. I have been looking for a 4th of July wall hanging. I really like this one, but I eventually want to make one with bright reds and blues.
This is a pattern from a couple years ago. Sandy Gervais who creates fabric lines for moda fabrics created this line. I love almost all of her fabrics. They just speak to me. I love this Halloween wall hanging. I found the following link to the pattern...it was made from a line called Pumpkins Gone Wild...and I think that the pattern was called Crazy Jack.
This is my Christmas wall hanging...it will match the Christmas quilt and I am going to get quilted for this Christmas. I am really excited that I am finally going to finish it. I still need to take pictures and post the Christmas quilt I made for my mom last year.
Many posts ago, I took pictures of the progress of this welcome sign. It is now finished. It took a very long time to stitch around all the applique on the entire thing. I used threads that would match the edges and make them all blend in. I used a blanket stitch around each part and I think that it turned out well.
This is not the best picture of the stitching. However, it does show the work that I put into it. I really like how it turned out.
I am working on the following projects that I started at the cabin last week. This first one my mom really liked when we went to the Quilting Store at Gardner Village. I don't particularly care for bow-tie patterns, but I really like how this one turned out. I really think that the top turned out really well. Now I just need to put the back on, the final stitching on the top and the backing and binding.
This is the new quilt that I am making to put in our living room for using while watching TV and movies. I still want to applique a few white stars onto it. I am going to tie this quilt. I think that it is going to turn out nice.
Russ made me the following quilt ladder last summer to put my quilts on as I made them. In the next couple weeks I am going to have my first quilt on there, my fall quilt. I am really excited. I just finished the backing and am going to take it to a long-arm quilter this week.
This is the decorative edge that he put on it. I love it
Well, there is the progress that I made before I made my daughter's quilt for her crib. I am very proud to say that I finished all of these and that they are no longer just tops. Check back soon as I am going to finish my next project in the next couple days.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are an excellent quilter! I'm impressed and I LOVE your welcome sign.