Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The internal debate

As a crafter I think that often times people start projects and don't finish a project before they move onto other projects. Sometimes I don't finish because I simply loose interest, sometimes I don't have all the supplies to finish and need to get to the store, and sometimes I just don't know exactly how I want to finish it.

The last few weeks while I have had quite a bit of home-time I have found the extra time and energy to finish bunches of projects. I am determined to finish two more before I move onto my new projects and I am simply stuck. I am in one of those stages of not knowing exactly what I want to do with a project. I am working really hard to decide. Remember this quilt?I finally cut out some stars to applique in various places through the quilt, I just can't decide how to place them, because I can't decide whether I want to try and quilt it on my sewing machine or just tie it. I really want to decide this today or tomorrow night because Russ is out of town and if I am going to tie it right now would be the perfect time to set up my frame to tie it. Russ doesn't mind if I set projects up in the house, but he doesn't like them up too long. Since this is my last free week until August I would need to finish it this weekend or not work on it until August.

With the stars, I have not ironed these on so I can move them. If I tie it I will put them in close sections all over. If I quilt it I want to have space to sew a couple stars around the individual stars for some added dimension. Therefore, the stars would not be so close together. Or the last idea that I have for quilting around the stars is to only quilt star shapes around the circumference of a larger area of stars and not around each individual star. I don't know if that makes sense...but it does to me.

What does you think? If I tie it, I will be using dark navy yarn (in fact the same yarn I used on the levi quilt I posted a couple weeks ago.) Should I quilt it? Ah....the decisions. The idea of how to make it came together so much better than the finishing the project, but I MUST finish. This is my goal.

Hope that you enjoyed.

2 comments:

sillymama said...

I like the stars, not too many and not too little. And I vote for quilting. It's coming along beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Denim is easier to knot ... but I'm sure by now you've figured out the best way for you.

Levi is the first name of Mr. Strauss you invented denim jeans.

I have been saving denim jeans for years, hoping to make quilts. So far, haven't done any.

But sure was happy when I found a RED denim skirt at a thrift shop for $2. I figured each quilt would have a red piece. LOL

Marny (not Anonymous)