Saturday, June 25, 2011

My whimsical garden

So, I have seen this pattern at the Quilting Cottage in American Fork for a while. I haven't really liked it before. Mostly, I just knew that the whole quilt was applique and would take a while. Well, the last time I went in there, I couldn't resist and I bought the pattern. I spent 3 hours yesterday copying the pattern and cutting out the pattern for the applique on the blocks and only finished cutting out 9 blocks of the pattern. So, hence...a long project. However, I am stocked!!! I am going to use scraps from all my bright colored quilts. I think that I have decided that I am going to use a white background for the blocks and the borders are going to be orange and I haven't decided on a second color. I think I will see how the blocks turn out first before deciding on a second color. As I work on each block I will post the finished products. I searched the internet for pictures of finished quilts last night and could only find a handful. Here is the picture from Pieces o-Cake website (the ladies that designed it).

Can you see this hanging on my wall come next summer (for even if I finish the top I don't think that I will finish the whole quit this summer) Well, here we go on a long project.

Hope that you enjoyed.

No comments: