Friday, July 1, 2011

4th of July excitement--finished

Well not a day too early I finished this quilt. Two 4th of July quilts down and one to go before Mon. It won't happen of course but I will at least finish the other quilt to put up for the month of July. So, if you remember my previous post I had pieces together my tumbling blocks. The whole middle section is done by English paper piecing. I whip stitched it onto the dark blue backing and then added a 3 inch border. Here is the finished product. I love love love it! I think that is the best part of any project is liking it yourself. (Oh and by the way the blue and red socks was completely unplanned in the picture.)Madalynn was posing by the quilt and I had to add a picture.
So here is the backing. I just chose some patriotic fabric I had in my stash. When I went in to show Russ the finished quilt he said nicely that he liked it and then he saw the back. He said wow! and then, "that is really loud fabric. I don't think that it really matches." And then he said, "that is not dress fabric." He was worried that I would make a dress out of the fabric for Madalynn. Of course not I told him. It is loud. I used this fabric for the blocks on the front and it works in small sections. It is fabric like this, that i like, that is truly the reason that I chose to do English paper piecing. Can you imagine much of this print in a full quilt? It really is loud, but I had tons of it in my stash and I think that it makes a great backing fabric.Well, I hope that you enjoyed.

2 comments:

Jennie Larsen said...

This is beautiful! Your hands do all sorts of amazing things! :)

Amalie said...

wow, thanks jennie!!