Monday, July 4, 2011

Can't live without it- part 4

One day in the mail I received a promotional video for a club that sent out quilting videos every month. I watched the video and liked it, but I don't have time to spend on a club like that anymore. That is when I really learned about English paper piecing. It was a great video and the had a segment that inspired me to make my English Paper piecing 4th of July quilt. English paper piecing is sooooo easy! Anyways, so as I was watching her she used this thread wax thing to make her thread easier to use.

I immediately went over to the computer to research the exact wax line that she mentioned and couldn't find it anywhere online. However, on JoAnn's website I found this beeswax thread waxer. I researched beeswax a little bit more and lots of blogs had mentioned it in their English Paper Piecing posts. So $3.50 later I had the following!
I can't live without it now! I wax all my thread whenever I am just sewing on a button, or whip stitching a binding, or esp. on cross stitch or English paper piecing. The thread just slides through whatever you are trying to sew wish such ease! If you have ever got one of those annoying knots in your thread while you are trying to hand sew something you know that you can get frustrated really easily trying to get it out. I started using my beeswax back in Feb and since then I think that I have had one, only one knot in my thread and that was because it got tangled up while my daughter was grabbing my project. It is a time saver and stress reliever. I keep it in my purse with me for while I am working at work and am considering buying two more just to have one permanently in my tool box and one on my work table at all times. Buying the one at JoAnn's, they have refills that are cheaper than the original purchase with the case and that makes it even cheaper for further use.

Hope that you enjoyed.

No comments: