Saturday, July 2, 2011

Can't live without it- part 1

Today I am going to start my "Can't live without it" tool posts. I thought it would be fun to keep track of all the stuff that I cart around with me in my tool box as I take my stuff to sew at friends homes or on trips.

There is no particular order to these posts. Crafting stuff is like a toy to me. I get so excited when I get new things. Out of all the things in my tool box this last week, besides scissors and thread and such, I used these the most.

Today's post is the following:Can you believe what those are for? I bought them at Home Depot. To quilt on your own machine it is so helpful to have gloves with grip. My hands never cramp up from trying to hold onto a big quilt to push it through the machine. I have so much more control over where my hands are moving. You can buy these at fabric or crafting stores. Fons and Porter brand has differing sized gloves that I have seen in most stores but they run about $3 a pair (which seriously is not that bad). But compared to $1 that I spent at Home Depot it is too expensive. I buy all my tool boxes and any tool I can at a hardware store because they mark up everything sooooo expensive in fabric and crafting stores for the SAME THING!

Well I hope that these posts are short and sweet. Hope that you enjoyed.

No comments: