Saturday, January 24, 2009

The flower borders

So, these flower borders were really easy. I just traced the flowers, stem and leaves onto the Steam a seam and then ironed and cut out. Once you remove the steam a seam paper, you just iron the items to the material you want to add to. Now, I have to admit that that is very easy, I just don't like the time it takes to trace and cut. There are a lot of little different parts in this one. However, applique is not nearly as scary as it seems. It is rather easy using the steam a seam. Now I just have to figure out the stitch I am going to put around them to make them look like they are finished.
So, I am now finished with 2/3 of the front of the wall hanging. I just have to now understand the parts about the other squares. The instructions are quite confusing. Oh well. That is the fun part of the project. Figuring it out.

4 comments:

Amalie said...

I know that this is my own posting, but I really really love the flowers.

Amalie said...

I know that this is my own posting, but I really really love the flowers.

Bethany said...

This stuff is great. I didn't realize that not only are you a magnificent pianist, but also a fantastic seamstress. Where does your talent end? I found the link to your blog through Facebook. Hope you don't mind that I'm browsing. Do you sell what you sew? Or do you just give it as gifts or use it yourself?

Amalie said...

Oh, I wouldn't have put my blog on my facebook if I didn't want people looking. I sell some of the stuff I sew on my esty shop, but that is mostly blanket and baby stuff. Once i make what i am wanting to hang up for myself, the rest of the wall hangings I plan on selling on etsy too. I am trying to make a wall hanging for every holiday or month to change out. I like seasonal decor. and it is really fun to sew them. Thanks for commmenting! Hope you are doing well.