Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The new stuff

So, I was with my friend abby today working on a wall hanging for valentines day (which I am going to finish Friday and will post as soon as it is done. It is soooooooo cute!!) and I have decided that I just can't look at my own posts anymore. It just makes me want to go and buy all the fabric I find and do the projects that I see. But that is just not possible. I have to use what I have and wait to have a little more money to spend.

So, I started the card making lists and scrapbooking links in a new list on the side of the blog. I think that those lists are never ending. But, it is nice for me to be able to find the things that I look at and I will look at again.

I was at a baby shower yesterday and my aunt made the cutest baby blanket ever. I am going to have to make one with all the scraps that I have around. She took a large piece of muslin and used it as the backing of the baby blanket. Then she cut squares of cotton fabric into squares that looked like they were about 3". She then placed them on the muslin and topstiched them on. She left about a 1/4" around each square free, like a rag quilt, so that it could rag up. Because the squares are placed a little bit apart from each other, they looked like they had a white border sewn between them. She then used other fabrics and made a small binding for the edge. It was the cutest baby blanket that I have ever seen. If I can get pictures I will post them.

Hope you enjoy checking out the links.

No comments: