Saturday, January 24, 2009

The rest of the Welcome Sign

I guess that I should have just put all of the rest of the pictures on the same post, but I didn't know that I was going to have time to finish the front today. I have to admit, that one of the fun parts of sewing is that I put in a movie and listen while I am working, and I have watched Disneys Enchanted twice today. Too fun.

So here are the pictures of the squares inside boxes that go above and below the flowers. I didn't ever really understand the instructions and couldn't really see what they look like in the picture in the pattern or online, so I decided that I would do them my own way. While the pattern on the material is not upright the way that I did it, I really like it.
Then I sewed the flower border to the square border.Finally I sewed all three rows together.
Now I just have to decided how it want to sew around the applique flowers, squares and letters. I then have to find some material to bind it. (I always forget to buy that when I buy fabric.)

So, there is a cute welcome sign that so for has taken about 2 hours between the cutting, ironing and sewing. Of course, I was looking up to watch a movie so i can't totally gauge my time. However, I really like charm packs and the variety of material that they give you and also how easy they are to use. It would have taken a lot more time to cut them all out. I will post the final product when I finish with it.

1 comment:

Julia said...

How cute! I love this little wall hanging. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, you left a question on my blog, but I couldn't email, because you are set as a "no reply" blogger.

Anyway, I made that bag at a guild class. It came from a magazine, but I am not sure which one. I will find out for you.