Friday, January 23, 2009

The start of the welcome sign

So, I decided that I would post the different steps of the welcome sign that I am making, mostly so that I can watch the process of a sewing job for me and about how long it takes me. Hope that you enjoy me first blocks. I am using a charm pack called Fig and Plum put out by Moda Fabrics. The pattern is "Flower Welcome" by Bloom Creek. (By the way you should all check out the OH, Americana pattern and just look through all their patterns. There are some really fun ones.) I first took and traced the letters onto Steam a Steam 2 and then attached them to the fabric. Here is the row unsewn. I really like the colors of these materials. Now, I know that these aren't the greatest picture, but it is a work in progress. I take terrible pictures. However, you can see one picture with the whole thing and the last couple a little closer up. I will post the next parts as I finish them.

1 comment:

coryshay said...

That is going to be so cute!! You should check out the crazy lady quilts blog on my link list, she just did a really great scrap quilt and I think I want to give it a try. I have a lot of fabric sitting around and then I could use it up and make it productive and not buy anymore... :)