Monday, January 26, 2009

Wow, a wall hanging and a table runner in the same weekend!

So, everyone has to understand that I love to buy fabric. I always have plans for that fabric and then I don't get to working on that project before I find something else. So, I decided that I wanted to work on using a bunch of my fabric and make the things that I have been planning on. Hopefully I can get a couple more projects done before I change my mind. This table runner (which isn't finished completely obviously. Only the top) is made using Shangri-la material by 3 sisters put out my Moda Fabrics and Little Charmers II patterns by Heather Mulder Peterson put out by Ankas Treasures. I bought the charm pack last summer on Ebay. If you can find the right auction you can get charm packs at such a great price and even with shipping they are cheaper than you could buy them in a local store. It is way way easy. I think that i took me about an hour and a half if that. The longest part of the time was just picking out the fabric for each part. Then the cutting and sewing time took about 45 min. Click on it if you want to see the picture a little bit bigger. Hope that you enjoy!

4 comments:

coryshay said...

Wow...that is really adorable fabric. You should check out the "Lexie's Quilt" on the village shop's blog (link to it on my blog)... it's that moda's nest fabric that Alice made her sisters quilt out of... it is super cute with the yellow brick road pattern. it's really bright. I thought you'd appreciate that.

Amalie said...

Yah, that is a really really cool quilt. I love it!

Anonymous said...

I love to scroll through this blog and to admire the beautiful quilts!

Lisa

Amalie said...

thanks lisa!!