Thursday, January 22, 2009

Valentines Day Wall Hangings

So, Abby and I have been working on these wall hangings for a couple of weeks. The pattern is by the Crazy Old Ladies. I think that the pattern is called seasonal skinnies. They have patterns for several seasons. They are extremely simple and fun. They called for enough material to make two hearts and so I made two and gave one to Shayla. This is hers:

This one has a lighter pink border because I think that the lighter colors come out more in the heart.

The next one is a little different. I decided that I was going to try and so a little quilting on my own machine. I don't have a foot that is good for it, but I cut out some paper hearts, penned them to the background and border and sewed around them. I think that they turned out pretty cute. My husband thought that they were awesome. He really wanted me to try random hearts. Hope that you enjoy!

3 comments:

coryshay said...

Thanks again! I love mine!! And I didn't notice the little heart you put up in the corner until this morning! I love it! I have a walking foot if you ever want to borrow it by the way... I don't know if you need a high or low shank though. But I thought you did a great job on the hearts... it actually made me start thinking about how I can quilt my brother's quilt in a more creative fashion...I'm still thinking

coryshay said...

congrats on your second sale by the way!

Amalie said...

yah, so I was going to put handstitched hearts in all the corners of yours, but decided that one was really more fun. I am really really excited that I had two sales so close together after a couple of months. Russ told me last night that people are finally starting to buy again after the rush at Christmas and I think that that is true. I knew that it might take time, but I am glad that there was a little interest.