Friday, February 2, 2018

Grey/Orange/Blue Crib Quilt

Russ cousin had purchased a variety of fabric.  She had say down to make a scrappy quilt from those fabrics.  However, she didn't own a machine and she had fabrics of every type of material from minky to cotton to polyester to flannel to knit in the stack.  So, she bought it by my house.  I laid all the pieces out that she had cut.  I squared them off to make the quilt square, added some backing to the knit pieces to they wouldn't stretch and whipped up the quilt before her 4th baby was born.  I am still in awe that this as so long ago.  Not only has she had her 5th child, but that child goes to school next year!!

I love the fabrics that she chose and the white fluffy minky on the back really made it such a fun quilt. It was yet another great memory to find this quilt I had forgotten I made and revisit the pictures. 



Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: