Saturday, February 3, 2018

Valentines Day quilts

My best friends birthday is Feb. 3.  Every year I try and made something for her birthday.  It is a really fun task.  Back in Jan 2015, I went by her house to have a sewing day with her.  One year when we were first married we had gone fabric shopping and had each purchased from Valentines fabric.  I had worked through half of mine.  She had got a top partially done and had been putting the top up to decorate for a couple years, but had never got it quilted and bound. So we finished all the tops of both a mini-quilt and also a table runner for her kitchen.  I took the quilts home that night and over the course of the next few days, I finished quilting and binding them.  They turned out so fun!!


We made the table runner from my favorite table runner pattern, little charmers II.  I linked a google search site I found the pattern.  I am not a affiliated with them.  It is super easy and just made with a 5 in charm packet. 


There were three small interior block pieces left over when we finished the quilt.  So I surprised her with a second extra table runner when I dropped them off for her birthday.  I loved the colors of valentines day.  I loved the fabric prints that people make for Valentines day.  I wish I could remember the fabric lines of these quilts so I could post their names, but they came from a line in either 2008 or 2009.


Hope you enjoyed. 

No comments: