Monday, November 10, 2014

Can't Live without it- part 13

One day I was at my aunt's house. She uses her kitchen table for sewing...an excellent place to sew. She was cleaning up after a big project. She went and grabbed a broom, dust pan and her kitchen garbage. We were talking about that. She had all the scraps from sewing all over the floor. She said that she doesn't clean it all up until the end because she just has to do it too many times. I suggested that she get a garbage can for just sewing and put it next to her. It drives me nuts literally when I don't have a garbage can when I am sewing. I can't handle the cut threads on the table next to me, or getting on my sewing foot if I have to throw them on the ground.

That is when I realized that this is one of those things on my list of "I can't live without it." This is mine. My daughter used to empty this all the time when she was 15 months and so does my son who is now 2yrs old.  I have been using it as a great teaching opportunity for my kids on learning how to put things away.  Trying to use small moments like this as learning moments rather than getting upset.  Yep, patience is a virtue that sometimes has to be learned over and over again over time.

Hope that you enjoyed.

No comments: