Thursday, November 13, 2014

Purple Quilt--finished, new table runner

Remember this post?  Well, that quilt top got put away for three years.  I finally pulled it out and quilted it in Feb this year.  Then, I displayed it...even though I couldn't decide on a binding.  Because I am in a sewing stage where I am not allowed to buy any fabric, I finally just used the white and purple dotted fabric for binding.  I really like it, except that it blends in at the top and bottom.  I would have preferred a darker purple fabric, but I didn't have enough of any one fabric and I prefer binding to be all one fabric.

Well, here is a finished look.


Last year for Russ aunt birthday, I made her a table runner for her home.  Well, of course I knew that I would love it, so I bought enough fabric to make me one as well.  I finished both tops and got her done and gifted.  However, I never got to quilting or binding mine.  I have this ability to tell myself I can't work on anything new until the old is finished.  Before I started working on all my Halloween quilts, I finished this table runner.  I can't wait to put it up this next Spring.  Table runners are just so fun to make.  I can easily make a top, quilt it and bind it in a matter of a couple hours.

Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: