Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Remington's Bed room

Well, I am playing blog catch up and posting pictures of past projects.  Remington's room is going to be awesome...in a couple years.  Right now I just did his curtains, table runner for his dresser and his crbi quilt.  We are going to be building him a loft bed...like his sister.  Ugh.  I don't even think I have ever posted pictures of her castle bed, but I will.  I am hoping someday to have some time to refinish the dresser in his room to look like older wood and match the tree house.  It is an amazing dresser that we got to keep when my grandparents passed away.  We used the mirror that was a attached for a framed mirror in our half bath.

The quilt was time consuming and somewhat frustrating.  I originally started quilting it with swirls.  I hated it!!!  I took four months to unpick it while I sat at work and then did a stipple stitch.  I LOVE it now.  It was totally worth the work.



The back is one of my favorite parts.
The quilt is a tumbler block design.  I made a small pinterest board dealing with tumbler blocks when I was researching quilt patterns for his bed.

We are going to be building him a tree house.  It will have a rope ladder, murals on the wall, a full tree built into the corner of the room.  I am currently collecting material to make log pillows and such.  It is going to be fun.

The curtains are lined with a heavy dark denim on the back.  When I was sewing them, I couldn't find the dark green corduroy that I have been using on all our curtains to make them more black out.  I love how these turned out.  I am imagining some kind of tree looking or wood curtain rod when we finish his room.  Russ says he will start his room when we put him in a toddler bed.  We won't put him in a toddler bed until he starts climbing out of the crib or he starts nighttime potty training...so basically probably another year.



Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: