Saturday, November 8, 2014

Halloween quilts

Ok, I has been a LONG LONG time since I have posted on my blog.  Raising kids and working 40-60 hours a week is no small job.  However, that doesn't mean that I haven't been sewing or quilting.  I am going to have to post pictures each month as I put up new quilts to post all the ones I have made since we moved into our current home.  Today's post is all about Halloween.  Pictures of all the quilts that I finished before I put them away for another year.

If you want to see the list of quilts/pillows I looked through and turtorials I found come over and follow my Halloween and Fall Quilted Embellishments board on pinterest.  I have already started making some of the Fall stuff and can't wait to finish them.

Remember Jack the pumpkin?  It is the quilt that is sitting on the rocker behind the pillows.  Sandy Gervais made this line of fabric and the pattern.  I made the three pillow covers this month.  LOVE THEM!!!  I have had those three pillow forms just sitting in my quilt cupboard for years.  I have always wanted three pillows that are specific to decorate with for each  month.  Well, I got 1 of 12 months done.  I am hoping, really hoping to get some fall pillow covers done this month.
I made my own pattern for the witches hat.  I simply cut pieces of fabric in random ways and sewed them together and applied it with steam a seam 2.  I just used a zig zag stitch to make the spider web in the top left corner.  While I was not really excited about the green fabric.  However, this years goal was to use only fabric in my stash to finish projects and put backing on them.  When my grandma died I got most of her fabric and she had a ton of solid colored fabric.  I think that I will be using much of that for pillow covers.  The Happy Halloween came from a panel of fabric that you will see near the bottom.  For the Oct. 31 pillow, I used my cricut machine to cut the letters/numbers using the Happy Hauntings font.  I applied them with heat and bond and stitched around the edges.  When i started this project I finally unboxed all my fabric from our last move.  I found the orange spider web fabric and I am so glad I did.  It is by far my favorite fabric I worked with this year.    
The work in progress.  It always take me time to decide on the embellishments


When I bought the charm squares to make Jack 4 years ago, I bought four packs.  I made this table runner based of a free pattern I found...and loved!!!  Super easy.  I have a second set cut out.  I just have to sew the blocks together.  That will unfortunately have to wait until next year.
I put borders on this Halloween panel I bought at Hobby Lobby 2 years ago.  The binding: jeans.  I made a Levi quilt many years ago for my sister in law and made too much binding.  I have a stash of extra binding that I look through before finishing each quilt.  It was the perfect color and it will be plenty sturdy.  Haha.

I made this spider web table topper for myself.  Tutorial link.  I wish I had had enough fabric for making the entire quilt in the tutorial.  But, I like these small ones and the quilt I made below.  I finished whip stitching the spider web quilt....oh, today.


I made this one for a relative for her birthday.


The following are quilts I finished in prior years but i am not sure I ever posted pictures.  Yep, pretty much, I went through my fabric and finished every project that I meant to start in the past 4 years.

Add caption
This is the one that I hung up for viewing this year.  Loved it.  

Putting it away is probably my least favorite sight.  :(  However, there is always something fun to pull out which makes it so much better.
Sadly/happily I bought some new fabric for projects to work on next year.   I bought 4 panels and fabric for placemats and napkins.  I was hoping to make the stack of fabric smaller this year.  I truly did, and then it became the same size.

Hope you enjoyed.

1 comment:

Randy said...

You do great work and we love you!