Friday, November 14, 2014

Can't Live without it- part 15

Ok so seriously who can do any quilting project without batting? I love to make small quilts and lots of them. I probably pull out my batting twice or three times a week. I wait to buy batting until I have a 40% coupon at JoAnn's and then I buy a King size quilt roll. It goes a lot farther and you get more for the money you are spending (since I am spending it anyways.) I personally use Warm and Neutral, or anything that is a little thicker.  I like the feel of it. It doesn't tear easily at all...and well, I just like it better then the other battings I have used before.

I always keep it in the bag so that when I get to scraps I have a bag to keep it in.  At any given time I might have two bags of scraps and a larger pieces bag.  I throw away very little batting.  If you have tons of smaller scraps, whip up a small holiday rag quilt.

Truly I have nothing more to say about this. If you are going to quilt you have to have it on hand at all times to finish projects. Don't be like me and wait until you have like ten UFO quilt tops before going and buying it. As soon as you have a top done, make the backing, baste the batting in and get it ready to finish. Nothing is better than finishing a project.  If a quilt top is already ready to quilt, I usually find time to get it quilted faster and enjoy putting out a finished product as decoration.

Hope that you enjoyed.

No comments: