Monday, November 10, 2014

Pillow Cases

Yesterday, my son had a bad nap.  He never went to sleep and eventually when he had a messy diaper, he pulled it off in his bed.  Nasty, I know!!!  At least he just left it alone, but unfortunately he sat on his ladybug stuffed animal pillow.  Yep, it just went in the trash.  After sleeping with two kids over 3 1/2 yrs it was just time.  I simply didn't want to try and clean it.  So, he got a big boy pillow last night.  I was really sad.  It just means that he is growing up.   I have had some fun bug printed fabric in my stash for quite some time.  I bought the ends of some rolls in a clearance section about 7 years ago hoping to make some baby blankets from them for my etsy shop.  That...never happened.  So I followed this Tutorial by Missouri Star Quilt Co.  It is super easy and super quick.  Each one only took 15 minutes from cutting, pinning to sewing.  I left out the 2 inch lip because a little boys pillow case doesn't need it.  I took me probably twice that long to just pick out the fabric in my storage room.  The two on the left are my son's.  The two on the right are my daughters.  She will get hers for Christmas.


Hope you enojoyed.

No comments: