Monday, November 17, 2014

Infant/Toddler easy 20 minute ties

In my personal opinion, if you want a boy to wear a tie to church later on, you have to start when they are born.  That way, even though they are not comfortable, they are simply used to it.  My second personal opinion...is I don't really care for bow ties.  Yes, they are cute on some boys, but they are just wrong on adults and therefore I personally don't want to start a trend that he might like later on.  Like it said, personal opinion.

As I was getting my son dressed for church yesterday morning I realized that he was in need of a new tie.  The ones that I made him a year ago are just getting to short.  I used this tutorial that I had pinned when I made them.  They have been wonderful.  I made a white strap to go with all the ties and you can never see it under the collar.
The ones of the left are just folded in half.  The green strap was my first
attempt for a wedding a couple years ago.  The white strap is attached.
The ones on the right are layed out so you can see how long they are.
When dried the red one shrank, so keep that possibility in mind.  
My husband really wants to have some matching ties for he and Remington.  It is sad that I bought the fabric for matching ties last Christmas and never finished them.  I bought some Hawaiian prints for the next ties and Russ is going to love that.  I guess I better get started on those so they have ones to match this year.

Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: