Friday, December 26, 2008

My new magazine

While I was on vacation, I went to the store with my mother-in-law and while we were waiting to get our fabric cut, we started looking through different magazines. There was an ad for the new Moda precuts. Right now you can buy cuts of each fabric in a collection in Jelly Rolls (strips 2 1/2"by 40"), Charm Packs (5"by5"), Fat Quarters (18" by 22") and Layer Cakes (10" by 10" squares). Now they are going to have Sweet Rolls (strips 1 1/2" by 40") and Turnovers (6" squares cut to be triangles!) This is going to be awesome. One less thing to cut if you want a quick project. At Homespun Hearth, they are selling the Sweet Rolls 20% off right now.

Speaking of quick projects, I subscribe to Quick Quilts. One of my favorite things about getting magazines in the mail is looking up the ads and seeing what new things there are to find. I found this site Pacific Rim Quilt Company and they specialize in Hawaiian Quilt prints and applique. They are sure pretty to look at. I am not particularly into this but, it is fun.

On Andover Fabrics they have a new fabric called Alpha Buddies by Nancy Davis Murty. They are sure cute if you have little kids! There is a free pattern download with this collection too. Well, the picture is a little small, but the animals are way cute!!

No comments: