Thursday, December 4, 2008

Quilts- finished and unfinished

So, I have been taking pictures of all my projects and I have them all on my camera still. Rather than put them on my computer and take space, I thought that I would post them and then give myself a clean memory card!! yay, room for even more pictures.

So, this one is a picture of the quilt top that I am making for my mom this Christmas. The pattern is just like the one that Shayla made instructions for on her blog minifripperyetc.blogspot.com just there is a border added. Before I send it off there is going to be mistletoe and three berries appliqued in the top left corner and the bottom right corner. I am so excited to see how it turns out. For this one I used random Christmas prints that I bought at JoAnn's on their Christmas sale.
This is the Christmas one that I made for myself. I used charm packs from Moda's Merry and Bright fabric collection by Sandy Gervais. I saw the pattern in Quick Quilts magazine (Jan. 2009) and fell in love with it. By the time that I went to find the material in Utah they were sold out everywhere. I finally found it on Be Sew Happy.com. That's where I found the cute wall hanging to match and bought the pattern. I have yet to start the wall hanging, but hopefully soon I will and then I will post picture of it. This one will also have mistletoe and berries. This one isn't actually my quilt. My cousin made this one while she was in college. It is soooooooo cute. It is a queen size levi/rag quilt. So, this was my inspiration for mine that is not quite as cool and definitely need the binding to be finished so I can start cutting the rag parts and take it to Russ' parents cabin. I am excited because it totally fits a cabin feel and not our home, so the quilt is going to go on their bed at the cabin and get a lot of use from us when we take a quick trip out of town. (By the way don't you just love the scrapy pillows that she made!!) The next one is mine. Mary's is soooo much cooler with the stars.

My last project that I am going to take the time to list right now is my halloween wall hanging. As is normal, I started it and didn't finish it. It is the Crazy jack pattern by Pieces from the Heart. I saw it at Pines and Needles, a quilt store at Gardner Village in Salt Lake. I still have to put the jack-o-lantern face in the middle and the green stem for the pumpkin. I am going to add a black border with some of the black berry fabric. This is made with a charm pack from Moda's Pumpkins Gone Wild by Sandy Gervais. (I love her stuff!)

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

coryshay said...

Your Christmas quilt is soooooooooooooo cute... I might have to make one of those for myself! Very cute rag quilt too with the stars!