Tuesday, December 16, 2008

New Scrappy Blankets!

So, I have been having fun sewing the last two days while I am not working. I love it, especially since I wouldn't be leaving the house anyways because I hate driving in the snow and it is really coming down here. So the following image is a blanket that I made for Shayla's daughter Jocelyn. I love pink and purple which, if you ever see me you would know from my daily outfits.I am sorry that it isn't the best picture. However, now you can see the border that I am going to attach to the two that I finished already this week. This on is made from blue flannel scraps that I have in boxes. I have been collecting scraps and then I cut them into 2 1/2" squares. I decide the size that I would like to have the middle of the blanket and then I just sew the squares together. On this one I am going to put a dark blue edge and back. I am really excited about it.This one I actually made from cotton fabrics. I love the different patterns on the material. I chose all vines on the purples. The lightest purple has hearts in the vines and I love to look at it while I sew. The pinks are just an assortment of different ones that I couldn't put down while I was at the store. The border and backing is going to be the same color as the dark purple in the blanket. While they do take a little time, it is fun for me and I love the final product. I love that it is very different from the plain baby blankets that you can find in the stores.

Well, I am off to finish the green scrappy one that I am working on.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Those are adorable! I think the blue is my favorite. Love them!

coryshay said...

ooh I love the blue one!