Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Scrappy quilt problems

Remember I said that I would be better about finishing and posting my new projects soon.  Well, I sat down yesterday to work on my new scrappy quilt.  I got the machine on the kitchen table, I got the bobbin's ready and put the mini-quilt in to start machine quilting.  I finished a small portion and stepped back.  It already had so many problems with top not laying out flat and smooth and little puckers here and there.  So, while my son worked on his online preschool today, I got out the seam ripper and unpicked what I did yesterday.


I did this on my son's crib quilt several years ago, but I had done 1/2 of the quilt when I did that, this one I only did a small portion.  I was able to unpick it in 40 minutes.  Sometimes though, it is totally worth it.  I was easier as well because my machine is having some severe problems with its stitching.  It isn't catching all the stitches so the stitches are not currently even in length.  I need to get it serviced really back, but then I won't have it to work on.  I am thinking of sending it in the middle of Feb when I am gone out of town for a few days or possibly waiting until April when I will be working out of state for a week.  But either way, I have tomorrow morning off work and intend to finish this quilt and watch a movie on my morning off....assuming nothing goes wrong and my 5 year old sleeps in.

Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: