Sunday, January 28, 2018

My best friends quilt

There was that one time that I had my best friend pick out fabric of her choice, a quilt pattern she loved and then it got put on the top of my sewing shelf in my storage room and didn't move for 4 years.  Ya, that all started in 2012 after she saw my Summer Picnic quilt.  My Summer Picnic quilt was the first quilt I really ever did that I made a lot of HST and the first quilt I had ever learned how to square the pieces off to make everything line up.  I wasn't quite ready to do that again.  At the time it seemed so tedious!!!  (Granted, the amount of time I had to sew was limited since I had a newborn infant and a 2yr old, was working 3 jobs, and was worn out all the time.)  How funny that 4 years later, one of my favorite things to do it make quilts with lots of little pieces and square them off. 

In Jan 2016 I decided it was the year to finally get the quilt done.  It had been a couple years since my best friend and I had had a good amount of time to get together.  My schedule was always just so busy with work.  I told her I had got the fabric out, cut it up and got it ready, but I really needed help sewing the pieces up.  If she sewed them, then I could square them off.  The time went so fast when we did it that way.  It was amazing.  I felt bad because it was her birthday present that year and I was asking her to help me make it, but it turned out so cute!!  I really wish that I had had double the amount of fabric to make me one, but I love mine with the 1920's replica prints.  She has a house decorated with super fun sunflowers and country themed wood.  So, it really matches her home and that's what matters. 





Someday I will get to making my Moda Frivol #8 and I will have another fun, small quilt like this that really brightens any room with the warm colors and the awesome solid white background.

Hope you enjoyed!! 

No comments: