Monday, January 22, 2018

Valentines Pillow Covers

In 2010, I closesd my etsy shop.  I missed creating things for it, but I just didn't have the time with my infants and my 3 other jobs.  I loved selling fabric and really wish that I could keep up with a fabric shop, but I just can't.  I enjoy my other jobs as a ballet accompanist too much to give all the time required to build a good online shop. 

So, I took some fabrics I had left over from a lot of various projects that I will post about in the next couple months, and made a few valentines pillow covers.  I took the scraps, sewed them into strips, made a heart pattern, cut it out, ironed them on as an applique and then I stitched them on.  I left the edge raw so it can have a slight fray and added borders and a white backing.  Picture 1: left overs from a skinny mini quilt I made in 2008.  Picture 2: left overs from creating my daughters infant bedding.  Picture 3: Red fabrics I have collected for various projects and finally pulled together to make a red project. 



I love all the shades and variations of pinks and red available for Valentines colors and I can't wait to put up all my Valentines quilts this next week.  Hope you enjoy!!

No comments: