Saturday, January 27, 2018

Quilted Place-mat weakness!!!

Guys, I was pulling out some placemats to use for a game night at our house tonight with some neighbors.  I totally have a weakness for holiday and seasonal items.  But as my life has gone on, I have really tried to limit them to sewn items in my house.  How often to you use place-mats?  For nice dinners right?  On occasion maybe a nice Sunday dinner as a family, or a at home date night with a spouse.  However, as rare as I use them, I just LOVE having them.

When I was putting my Halloween place-mats away, I thought of the perfect drawer to put them in my kitchen.  Without a doubt, if my husband opens that drawer and sees them there, he will probably have a comment to make.  Not a bad comment, but a comment nevertheless.  He is completely supportive of my work as a musician, my quilt hobby, my house decorations, but he can't seem to understand my place-mat fetish.  He doesn't understand my want to have lots of colored dishes.  Plain white really are practical and useful at anytime, but this is my much cheaper passion for having fun place settings when we have friends over...(which honestly, we do party quite a bit and have dinners and board game nights with friends several times a month so we aren't completely without moments to use them.)

I made Valentines place-mats back in 2014.  I pieced together left over fabric from my daughters infant quilt and made the most ENORMOUS napkins.  Haha!!  They are sooooo big when I put them in my lap that I laugh everytime we use them.  Oh, and what was I thinking making them white!!!  But I still use them because they are just so pretty.




I made Spring place-mats back in 2015.  I was in the fabric clearance section at JoAnn's waiting for my number to be called at the cut counter and saw the fabric.  I knew immediately that it was the perfect fabric for something fun.  They didn't have enough of the pink fabric to make a full setting of 8 napkins.  So, when I was at another JoAnn's location later that week, I checked to see if by happen chance they would also have the fabric on sale.  Sure enough!!!  Ah!!!  I found the perfect amount to complete my set.  Score!!




When we got married, someone gifted us a nice set of black everyday placemats.  I found this cute little tea kettle print fabric in the remnant bin at JoAnn's and made a set of four of these napkins.  They are just fun and playful.



I bought this place-mat pattern 2 weeks ago on eBay to make some Santa placemats for next Christmas for me and my husbands aunt who collects Santas.  I am super excited.  Then I will need a fun summer one....or a set of nice fall ones....maybe then I will be satisfied.  Maybe.


Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: