Friday, January 26, 2018

Scrappy Quilt finished!!

Sometimes after I sew, I put my quilt down and just stare at it for a while.  The scraps I saved for 9 years were perfect for the right time.  The quilt inspiration was actually online all those years ago.  However, I found it at the time that was right for this project.

When I made the summer quilt all those years ago, I made WAY too much binding.  But I kept it in a pile of binding that I have from old projects.  And it was perfect!!!  Like literally, I planned the border widths so that the binding was the perfect length.



There were only inches left over.  Dang, I wish that I had made the border one inch wider so it would have been just perfect.  Haha!!

But..it turned out so fun!!!






I am so glad that I had these few weeks of down time from work before Feb starts and the projects and performances I am involved in kick my butt.  It is satisfying to finish projects, get a chance to post about old projects that I have finished and having a chance to really relax.  I still have..what 15 scheduled posts and about 13 more of unfinished projects to post. OH, and 3 more mini-quilts I finished tops for yesterday.  So hopefully I get time to sew before Feb ends and can enjoy posting more. 

Hope you enjoyed!!

No comments: