Thursday, January 11, 2018

Madalynn's grown up room

My daughter recently asked me if we could change her room.  When i decorated it when she was a toddler, I knew that this day would come.  It is hard watching my young child become a full grown kid, but it is so nice as well.  It has been on my list of things to do eventually, esp. since she cut the curtains in one of her scissors tirades when she was 5 years old.  You know the ones...her hair, her clothes, her curtains, etc.

So, anyways.  Over fall break I had her pick out fabric from our storage room and then I had her do all the sewing.  We made new curtains, a new bench cover and recovered her pillows.  It turned out super cute and I am so glad we did it.

I was going to sew her a new quilt for her 8th birthday and then we found the cutest sheet, blanket, bed cover kit at bed bath and beyond for only $19.99 instead of $99.99.  So, I bought that instead.  You know, easy bedding is so much better.  But, at least the little sewn details of the room are things she chose.

Two weeks later, we sewed a small curtain on with the large curtains and a couple more pillow covers.  When we take the play kitchen out of her room that was stored in her room for Christmas time, I will take and add more pictures to the post.

Hope you enjoy.

Before

Making the pillow covers

Stuffing the pillows

 The rooms new curtains, minus the light gray small ones that we will add later.

 Here is the half way picture.  She has two more small pillows to cover.

No comments: