Monday, May 23, 2011

Curtains

I think that I have never put up curtains in our previous homes mostly because we lived in really nice places that had trim around all the windows. They would have looked great with window coverings but I didn't want to have to have Russ patch anything in our first two places, and while we lived in our friends place I didn't want them to have any holes too big in their place. However, this place already had parts of previous curtain rods still attached to the walls and well, as i explained in my last post, our bedroom just needed them.

The kitchen was my first priority. Seriously the view out of the window is not my favorite. Half of it is the fence that goes around our patio and the other half is of the only section that grass does not grow in our backyard. I first found a set of curtains that I had up over some windows in a place I lived in college. However, they were not wide enough for the window. I was thinking that I would finally pick out some colors for my kitchen and decorations, but then I decided that that will be something fun I can do when we someday own a home in the future. I went through and found some light colored, small print fabric I had and whipped up these curtains in a half and hour. I was impressed with the quickness of this project.
Then I made the ones for my room, which if you want any further explanation on those curtains read my previous post.
Then I finally finally got to the curtains for my daughters room! I love them!!!!! I took the same block that I had used on the crib quilt and the crib bumper and turned each one a quarter turn and added the top fabric and here it is! I know that the picture isn't great because I took the picture while the morning light was coming in her window, but you can get the idea. Her room is almost done. Wait in a couple posts I will show off the finished shelf that Russ is fixing right now. (It fell off the wall and I caught it, it was exciting) Eventually I want to buy a curtain rod with butterflies on the end. Her bedroom theme is Azalea flower (because that is her middle name) and butterflies. I found the cutest cast-iron rod with fun butterflies but it was way way out of my current price range so I am just continuing to look to find the perfect thing.
Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: