Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fall and Christmas--officially finished

Yes, I finally finished my fall and christmas quilts. I am super excited. I had the tops done for over a year before I got them quilted and then it took several more months for me to take the time to sew on the binding. It is awesome. Well here they are. The only complaint that I have is that I forgot to put on my paper not to quilt on the applique on the Christmas quilt and she quilted on it. Yuck! But that was my fault for forgetting to write it down. From now on I am going to quilt my own things with my darning foot, so I won't have this problem anymore.

Here is the quilt. If you look back about 10 or so posts I have a wall hanging with ornaments that matches the quilt. I am excited to put them up together this year. I have only been wanting to get this quilt finished for almost 2 years now.
Madalynn's was helping me take pictures first thing this morning. She was really smiling when I push the button to take the picture, but my camera takes forever to take a shot so this is what I got. It is a really funny picture.
Afterwards she really wanted to help me put the quilt away.
Here is my fall quilt. I made it from a pattern called Chatterbox.
Madalynn thought that the quilt was a great play mat and I let her play on it for a while this morning.
Here is the back. It has the same border as the front. I just thought that that would be fun to have them kind of match...that and I didn't want to cut the inside fabric anymore.
Hope that you enjoyed!

No comments: