Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hairbows

So I have never been a person that really likes to take the time to do my hair. Anyone that knows me can tell you that I mostly wear my hair up in a pony tail. Well, I bought a few hair bows for my daughter when she was really little and decided that I would make some after she could put them in her hair and I saw what I really liked in her hair. Well, to start this post, I thought that I would show everyone a few pictures of her first hair-do day. It was really fun. (Even though she would not smile for any of the pictures). I am sad that she destroyed one of these flowers. They were foam flowers and soooooo cute.
Since then I have learned that two tiny pigtail are the easiest to put in her hair. So, I bought a package of hair clips at Sally's a year ago and in an attempt to make Madalynn some hair bows, I realized that most of my flowers were too large. I end of making myself tons of bows instead. Then I took an old picture from and put batting and come off-white corduroy that I had in a box and some pretty calm generic colored ribbon and made myself a memory board for my bathroom. I actually wear things in my hair a little more often now because it is all right there in plain sight when I am getting ready in the morning.

Last week, I got to the point where I was tired of not having any white, red or black bows to put in my daughters hair. So I went to Hobby Lobby here in American Fork and bought a ton of hair clips..soooo many that it hopefully will take a while to use them all. I spent a night cooking my ribbon into corker ribbon and getting ready to make her some new bows. (You just wind ribbon on a poll and make sure it stays tight, cook at 275 degrees for 25 minutes and you have cooked ribbon :) Ya, I made so many the next day that i had to take off the ribbons I previously had on her bow hanger and add two more. I am happy that I finally bought some black and white flowers that I can use to make some plain hair accessories for her. I can't wait to get out my stuff again next week and get working on some more. I am impressed that she has only destroyed a few hair bows pulling on them. I just have to be consistent at doing her hair and she will get used to it.The orange corker bows you see were my first attempt at that type of ribbon and I love how it turned out.
Well, hope that you have enjoyed. Making things for my daughter is certainly one of my favorite things to do.

No comments: