Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My summer quilt

I got this quilt kit from Shayla Bott. I love it!!! Unfortunately while I was finishing some other projects it sat in my to-do box at the bottom for over a year. It is kind of sad when that happens and you want to get to a project.

One day right after we moved into our current apartment, Madalynn was sleeping and I was cleaning out all the craft stuff that I actually have at the house. I saw it in the bottom of the box. I decided that I would take a look at the pattern again and see exactly what i needed to do and gauge the time that it would take to make it. Ya, two days later I had sewed the top, appliqued on the flowers and finished stitching them. Shayla has a blanket stitch on her machine and I am so grateful that she let me borrow it to stitch on the applique. Honestly, it would take much longer without steam a seam 2. They now sell it by the yard and not just in 8 1/2 by 11 sheets. This is so wonderful. I don't have so many tiny little pieces left over anymore.

I wanted to get started on the backing and quilt it by myself with my darning foot, but I have decided that I will get to that this fall when I take it down. Right now it is on my quilt ladder adorning my family room and adding brightness to my day every time that I look at it.

This quilt used the pattern In Bloom by the Crazy Old Ladies and I don't know all the fabric lines in the quilt because I got it as a kit but I know that some of them are from Neutral Territory by Terry Atkinson and Liz Lois for Red Rooster Fabrics.


This is a picture of the flower closer up. The picture turned when it came into my post and I don't know how to turn it here, but I am not going to take the time to do it again. Sorry. I think that the flowers turned out soooo good.Hope that you enjoyed.

No comments: