Sunday, May 22, 2011

My sisters new purse

So, I saw the pattern for this purse in the Connecting Threads catalog near the end of last year. I loved it!!! However, I just didn't want to pay the shipping and handling (I know cheap, but still). I was at Gracie Lou's in Salem Utah checking out their store one day and they had this purse on display. In a quilting store this usually means that they have the pattern. I was so excited. I had looked everywhere and had not found this pattern. I picked it up and decided that I would make a couple for Christmas. Well....I did make one for Christmas. My husbands sister-in-law got my first purse ever. I would have posted pictures then, however, I forgot to take pictures. It to foooooorever. I mean the number of parts to cut out, with the pattern, three different fabrics and the interfacing. when you are trying to watch your 6 month-old and just do that it took hours. Then after the first page of instructions they stopped using the letter of the pattern parts. I made soooo many mistakes the first time. I thought I was done when I realized that I had sewn the handles inside and across instead of one handle each side. It was insane. So, after that I put the fabric I had picked out to make more purses in the very very bottom of my to-do box. So, I was super happy when I pulled out the fabric and the pattern from my box yesterday to make the purse for Jessica's birthday party today that it took at least half the time as the first one (maybe even less!!!) I re-worked the instructions and wrote in instructions that make sense to me so I don't have to question what to do next time. It still took 1 1/2hrs of uninterrupted time to iron, cut and iron again. The pre-sewing time is intense but totally worth it. I love it!!! and i hope that she does too :)

The pattern is called The Knotted Bag by craftapple. Just click on it to view it on their site. They have some great pictures of some options for the purse. It makes two sizes. I made the smaller of the two sizes.

Here are two different pictures. The inside has a large pocket with a couple sides that are the same fabric as the bow.Hope that you enjoyed. More to come this week. I have been taking pictures of all my projects during the last year and realizing that I have really finished quite a bit of the projects that I have started. It is nice.

No comments: