Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The outcome of my frustration with my daughter

Every morning this week, Madalynn has been getting up earlier and earlier. When she woke up at 6 this morning I had had it. I mean, I understood that she has been teething and has been grumpy beyond all understanding this last week. However, no matter how early I went to bed I have only been getting less and less sleep, which means that at 6 in the morning when your daughter is screaming bloody murder in the other room and waking the neighbors upstairs up too, I am not very happy.

So, after I went and got her and gave her a bottle, she fell back asleep...but I couldn't. I realized that the sun was already lighting up her room really light. I made a valence to match her crib quilt and stuff, but I got two curtain rods at the time.

When I was making her crib quilt I bought this material. After putting everything together I decided that it just didn't fit the other prints in the quilt. I have really really been trying to come up with a use for it for a while. Well, my anger got me thinking of what I could do to make curtains and around 8 I went and found the fabric, my backing fabric and my measuring tape. Ya, needless to say, 2 hours later I had these new pull curtains ready to put up over her window. I had to go to Lowe's and buy a double curtain bracket to put up both rods and window coverings. After Madalynn woke up from her nap I was able to use my little drill and attach everything. Yep, it is a great use of the fabric and I can't wait until tomorrow morning and it stays dark in her room. Yay!!

No comments: